Monday, January 12, 2009

Sacrament Kiss

(Listen closely. This one's juicy.)
I was in church yesterday and sitting in front of me, slightly to my left, was an amazingly beautiful girl. I don't mean "girl-next-door pretty." I mean "super-model-movie-star gorgeous." Occasionally I would glance away from the speaker to momentarily admire the beautiful scenery the Lord had blessed me with.

At one point I noticed she had a miniature Reese's peanut butter cup. Then just like in the movies, she lifted the peanut butter cup to her mouth in slow motion. Or maybe it only seemed like slow motion to me as my brain focused on savoring every detail of this delightful moment.

The surroundings seemed to blur away until nothing else existed except for her, with her long luxurious hair blowing gently in the breeze that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. The speaker's voice disappeared and was replaced by the sound of harps.

The peanut butter cup was poised between her slender, perfectly manicured fingers. Elegant fingers that must have turned away hundreds of offers to star in moisturizer commercials. She raised the decadent treat to her mouth with a gracefulness that would make Aphrodite jealous. Her luscious lips began to part and puckered ever so slightly in anticipation.

Then her anxious lips knocked the peanut butter cup out of her hand, causing it to roll down her arm and plop onto the pew.

The harps stopped, the chapel reappeared, and I couldn't keep myself from letting out a playful chortle. She blushed a bit and looked behind to see who had witnessed her private blunder, as I gave a playfully exaggerated look to indicate "I didn't seen anything." She looked forward for a second and then turned around to face me again. As a peace offering, or perhaps to bribe my silence, right there in the middle of the chapel with everybody watching, to my great surprise SHE GAVE ME A KISS!


3 comments:

Amy said...

You got some action, my friend. Sweet action. Did you enjoy it?

Emily said...

It is very difficult not to bust a gut laughing just because I'm sitting in the library....
Thank you for your thoughtfulness to my Dell. I am sure she will be thrilled to read your kind words once she's up and running again1

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I loved 'the kiss' blog entry. It turned out very well, you are an excellent storyteller. I feel like I missed quite a bit, as I was sitting right next to you. Guess I'm not very observant some times!

Later,

9