Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Go See Robin!

Back in high school I knew this wonderful redhead, Robin Corsberg. (Yes, I’m using her real name. Google it. She won’t mind; this is free advertisement.) Robin was born with the gift to make people smile and laugh. She was hilarious, and she would share her humor with the rest of us through Drama and Speech. I think she loved the stage almost as much as the stage loved her. I didn’t know her as well as I would have liked to, but I was one of her many fans.

I do remember one time when she gave me a hug up in the light booth of the auditorium. (Just a hug. Don’t read more into that.) I don’t remember why either one of us was up there, but it must have been before a performance because she apologized for getting makeup on my shirt. She had no way of knowing, but at that particular time I really appreciated every hug I could get. (I still do.)

When we graduated I figured the next time I saw Robin she would be on a movie screen. It turns out she is currently going around the country doing what she does best: improv comedy. She has been a member of Ryan Stiles’ improv troupe and has warmed up the audience for Whose Line Is It Anyway?

This Friday (1/16/2009) I’ll be skipping out of work early to go up to Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge, Iowa to watch her perform with Matt Slater. I encourage you all to go too, or see her when she comes to a city near you.

No comments: