Monday, February 2, 2009

Clydesdale

A couple years ago my coworker/biking buddy “Hoppy McJumpsalot” was encouraging me to join the mountain bike racing team he was on. At the time I mostly rode on paved trails and had managed to lose 30 pounds in the process. I had only started mountain biking a couple months earlier, so I knew I wasn’t skilled enough to enter a race without humiliating myself.

I went online to check the race results from the previous weekend and compared them to my own lap times for the same course. I told Hoppy that in order for me to be competitive I would have to enter the children’s division, or at the very least, gain back 15 pounds in order to race as a Clydesdale - the division for racers who are over 200 pounds.

Well, I’m very sad to say that due to laziness and my love for yummy food, I once again qualify as a Clydesdale. :-(
Like my toenails?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I so can not picture that....

Kevineb said...

Do you mean you can't picture me weighing 200 lbs, or you can't picture me with pink toenails? You will just have to get used to one of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling with the extra weight myself. My facebook page has a picture of me on it when Roman was not quite 2 (because that was the last time I was happy with how I looked). I have started a concerted effort to get back down to my fightin' weight. Including Pilates and other forms of torture...